Young Adult Ministry
Our mission, simply stated, is to help one another participate in Christ’s mission, that we as young adult Catholics may be effective disciples, evangelists, and agents of charity in all that we do.
Recognizing our diverse interests, needs, gifts, and talents, we coordinate opportunities to foster the many aspects of our lives: the spiritual, that we may grow in relationship with God; the intellectual, that we may know Him and ourselves; the social, that we may build supportive communities and lasting friendships; and the charitable, that we may direct our blessings in service of others. By supporting these pillars of our Christian lives, YAM seeks to build a generation of faithful, joyful leaders working for the good of the Church and one another.
Be social. Be spiritual. Be charitable. Be intellectual. Be Catholic.
If you are interested in learning more about St. Alphonsus Young Adult Ministry, we encourage you to check out our Facebook page and sign up for our monthly newsletter.
We provide large annual events and impromptu monthly activities to bring people together for quality fellowship:
- Cocktails after Mass (4th Sunday, after 5 p.m. Mass) – A great way to meet new people!
- Speed Dating – January – a fun night of conversations, where you might possibly meet ‘the one.’
- Volleyball League – Thursday nights, February through April
- Trivia Night – November
- Monthly social outings such as Whirlyball, karaoke, ice skating, etc.
We provide opportunities for participants to grow in relationship with God through Sacraments, reflection, and prayer:
- Spring Retreat
- Praise and Worship Adoration – typically the last Friday of each month.
- Women’s & men’s faith sharing small groups
- Fall Retreat
We provide opportunities for young adults to serve our parish and parishioners, respond to the needs of our neighbors and neighborhood, and reach out to communities beyond our parish boundaries:
- Partnering with other organizations for monthly service projects such as Big Shoulders, Catholic Charities, the Mission of Our Lady of the Angels, Urban Initiatives, and the Yellow Umbrella Society
- Food collection for the Lakeview Food Pantry
We provide learning opportunities and a forum in which to discuss our faith and traditions in a thoughtful way. Through the following activities, we explore the rich theological and spiritual arsenal of Catholicism and encourage one another to grow in our relationship with God:
- Theology on Tap speaker series – Wednesdays of July
- Weekly book club – Wednesday nights in the St. Alphonsus Rectory
The Young Adult Ministry is coordinated by the Board:
President – Tom Kelly
Communications – Michael Eardley
Spiritual Pillar – Liz Meenan
Service Pillar – Beth Conley
Intellectual Pillar – Hector Mendoza
Social Pillar – Kyla Lamontagne and JP Sullivan
Questions or comments? Contact the board at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!