SAVE is an acronym for
St. Alphonsus Values Education.
How does it work?
St. Alphonsus is able to purchase gift cards and certificates from various merchants and retailers at a discount. We then sell them for their full face value which generates a profit. These are all the merchants from whom we can order certificates.
For example, If you purchase a $100 Jewel gift card, it is worth $100. St. Alphonsus has purchased that card for $95, which generated a $5 profit. The profit is then split 50% as an educational credit and 50% to St. Alphonsus (1/2 each to the parish and AACA). Check out how much tuition credit you could earn in one year of regular purchases!
- If your child or grandchild attends AACA, we will credit their FACTS account.
- If your child or grandchild attends Religious Education, we will credit their account.
- If you, your child, or your grandchild attends any educational institution in the country (high school, college, graduate school, law school, other elementary schools, etc), we will issue a check to that institution and give it to you for submission.
- If you are paying student loans, we will issue a check to that institution and give it to you for submission.
All credits are given twice a year in November and April.
So, it is possible to generate hundreds of dollars in tuition savings as well as raise funds for the church and school. All that you have to do is to purchase gift cards for the stores you will be shopping at. We are not asking you to spend any more, just asking you pay for the items with gift cards. If we don’t have your favorite place on hand, we probably can find it from the many resources that sell gift cards.
Here are ways to order SAVE certificates. Order forms are available in the rectory office. Cash or checks only are accepted for payment at this time.
- Cash and Carry: Stop by the SAVE office located in the Parish Rectory on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Complete the order form and have a check or cash for payment.
- Send your order form to AACA with your child by Wednesday. We will fill your order and deliver it to your child’s room Thursday or Friday of the same week. You must have a Disclaimer Form on file to use this method.
- Send your order form with your child on Religious Education night. We will fill your order during class time and your child can bring it home. You must have a Disclaimer Form on file to use this method.
- You may simply drop off your order anytime the rectory is open. All orders received by 5:00 PM on Wednesday will be ready for pick up at the Rectory on Friday after 12:00 PM.
Occasionally, we may be out of stock for a particular gift certificate. We order gift cards and certificates every week. If you have a Disclaimer Form on file, we will send it home with your child. Otherwise, we will hold your backorder in the Rectory office for pick up.
Any recommendations, suggestions, requests, contact Linda Herrera.